English Reflective Report (Jia Yee)

For the panel discussion, I was given a opportunity to be in same group with Jasmine Tan, Fatin Nadia and Ang Jun Yik. Everyone of us were different roles and 2 minutes each to prepare and present our speech on our question. My role was an Outlet Manager and the task was to prepare ways to improve the facelift of the restaurant. I was very nervous because I was the first to present my points, the time was not enough for me to prepare my points so basically I think I got the lowest marks among my group mate. This experience made me realise how important time management is in this competitive world. 

From the involvement with DIB, I have gained more knowledge about how this DIB business works and the bond between me and my group mate has grown stronger. Through this panel discussion, I discovered that it is not easy to maintain a special business like this. It requires not only a lot of money but also passion and love towards deaf people, they have to train deaf people patiently without expecting returns. I discovered that not everyone would sacrifice their time and energy to help people with disabilities, if it was not love for human and nature, they would not be able to make it. We should learn from them. 

If I was given a chance to go through the panel discussion again, I would utilise every seconds given to present my points. I was to nervous to present the other day so I wish I could calm myself down before I present again. 


In my opinion, every human should be treated the same way because we are all God’s children, we should never discriminate people because of their disabilities, we are lucky enough to be born without any disabilities so we should help and support them. Lastly, I would like to thank Mr. Eddren for giving me such an opportunity to do this panel discussion, it was an unforgettable experience.
Powered by Blogger.